Life’s planned and spontaneous moments bring unparalled joy, opportunity and sometimes tension that require a continuous balancing act. Always at your side through this journey is the Day-Timer brand. For more than 70 years, we have pioneered intuitive productivity solutions that empower you to thrive.
Dare to Dream. Plan to Succeed.
Our aim at Day-Timer is to provide you with widely-available and relevant planning and organizational tools for home, work, and travel. Our goal is to remain a trusted resource for you and build a personal relationship with you. We always strive for our products to reflect an in-depth understanding of your unique and ever-changing lifestyle.
Devoted to Day-Timer
“The more I became in control of my time, the less it was filled to the minute. And the fewer pages I needed." — Kimberly, real estate agent in San Diego, CA
My 35th Year Using Daytimer!
"I love everything about Daytimer, especially being old school and preferring to write my plans out and notate them as opposed to using an iPhone, tablet, or laptop." — Chip, filmmaker in Los Angeles
Tried and True
"I am all for progress but there is something to be said about tried and true things that work." — Retired lady from Alexandria, VA
"Love the Day-Timer! I am professional actor and narrator, and I refer to my Day-Timer several times a day." — Veronica in Paramus, NJ
Still the Best of the Best
"I used Day-Timer throughout my business career with several different types of positions ... I'm now retired and continue to purchase it for personal use." — Jeff in Ohio
"This is the second planner I purchased from Daytimer. I had my previous planner for over 30 years. I use this planner daily to keep track of appointments." — Tony, counselor from Shreveport, LA
Day-Timer Brand History
- 1947: Robert, William, and Richard Dorney, brothers in the small village of East Texas, Pa., start their own mail-order business in a chicken coop, printing calendars for churches.
- 1952: Lawyer Morris Perkin walks into Dorney Printing and orders a desk diary that he had been using to keep track of time spent on clients. The idea turns into a partnership between Perkin and the Dorneys, forming Day-Timers, Inc. “Lawyer's Day” becomes the first in a successful series of diary memo planning and time record books.
- 1960s: Day-Timer planners are created for other professionals, such as accountants, doctors, and executives. The business grows from a small family operation into a substantial business with 250,000 customers—almost exclusively through the medium of direct mail.
- 1972: Day-Timers Inc. is acquired by Beatrice Foods and expands its East Texas headquarters.
- 1988: American Brands acquires Day-Timers, which becomes a subsidiary of its office products division, ACCO World. The product was expanded into major national office supply super stores.
- 1997: Having dropped its tobacco holdings, American Brands becomes Fortune Brands Inc. and moves its corporate headquarters to Lincolnshire, Ill.
- 2005: The ACCO World office products unit of Fortune Brands joins together with General Binding Corporation (GBC), a manufacturer and developer of binding and laminating machines and supplies, creating ACCO Brands Corporation, an independent publicly traded company.
- 2012: ACCO Brands Corporation merges with MeadWestvaco’s Consumer & Office Products business, adding well-known school and office product brands including Mead®, Five Star®, Trapper Keeper®, AT-A-GLANCE®, Cambridge®, Day Runner®, Hilroy®, Tilibra® and Grafon’s™.
- 2013: Day-Timer manufacturing, distribution and business operations are relocated to ACCO Brands facilities in Sidney, N.Y., Kettering, Ohio, and Lincolnshire, Ill., from East Texas, Pa.