7 Tips for an Organized Workspace
Take a stand on your clutter this week. Start by scheduling some time-saving, clutter-killing appointments today.
Here are 7 easy tips for decluttering your desk, office, or home:
1. Choose primary spaces where you spend the most time doing your activities, including your office desk or your kitchen sink areas
2. Schedule yourself a 30 minute appointment each day to reduce clutter in one specific area.
3. Sort paper piles in 4 categories: act, file, trash, or recycle
4. Sort mail by action: read, pay, file, trash, or recycle
5. Store away less commonly-used items like staplers, books and the kitchen blender
6. Use Fingertip Management – keep only your most commonly used items within an arm's reach of your primary workspace
7. Expand out from the focal point of clutter and organize the immediate surrounding areas